So for the very first time the Merlion is being nominated for an award, a Sunshine Award! All Thanks to a friend I’ve made just about 3 months ago, Lucky Baby Amanda from My Life as a Case study. Thanks Amanda, you break my record of never getting a nomination! Now here I am doing what I have to do. I am suppose to first Thank the person who nominates me and answer her questions for me. Next I have to nominated 5-10 Blogs to receive the same award and give them my questions so they can answer in their blog post!
Now, here I go. First I gladly answer Amanda’s question for me:
1. Why do you Blog?
When I first started blogging, I only wanted to to document my life as an expats. Today, I blog because I want my followers to know what’s up with my life. Even when there are anonymous followers that I don’t communicate with, I appreciate their interest in me.
2. What are you most proud of?
I think I’m most proud of being able to conquers all my fears and finally land my feet on the Dutch Land and survived!
3. What is one thing you want to learn how to do?
Cooking – I think cooking is an art. I love art but I’m not good at it. I love to eat good food but I don’t cook. I admire people that are able to cook and can easily whipped up a delicious dinner without fuss and not having to feel like a chore.
4. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
I don’t really believe in Super Power, but if it really exist, I would like to be able to heal anyone with a touch of my hand. I want to keep my loves one safe from death.
5. What is your best piece of advice?
I can only relate to a quote I’ve always live by…. here it is.
6. If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?
Wow, I have a few wish list, maybe a million dollar isn’t enough!
– I would buy a house facing a big sun flower field in Tuscany.
– Buy over a campsite or boutique hotel in Italy and run it leisurely.
Alright, shall not be greedy… just keep it at two!
7. What is your favorite season? Why?
Before I move to the Netherlands, seasons don’t mean anything to me. I grow up in a country with no seasons. okay maybe two; rainy seasons & sunny season and quite honestly, I don’t remember either of them being my favorite. Having lived in the Netherlands for two years and experienced all the seasons, I can proudly say I love SPRING. Spring gives me a feeling of revival. After seeing the leaves fall from the trees and flowers dying and live with the bare trees for a good 6 months, seeing them alive again gives me lots of hope! No matter how bad things is, there will always be a time that it turn good again!
8. What is your all time favorite meal?
My all-time favorite meal is still one from Singapore. I so love the Singaporean Chicken Rice. I’m drooling thinking about it. If you even go to Singapore, you have to try the CHICKEN RICE.
9. What is your favorite song?
My all-time favorite song is the soundtrack – Somewhere over the Rainbow from Meet Joe Black. here is the version:
I can listen to this a thousand times. 🙂
10. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
I will live anywhere the love of my life lives. 🙂
So, there you are. I’ve answered all the questions. Thank Amanda again!
When I first started blogging, my blog was just like an online diary that I kept to track my life as an expat since moving to Netherlands two year ago. During this period, I’ve came to know a few very awesome bloggers that have also shared their lives with me in their blog and I totally enjoying reading them so I think they totally deserve the same Award. So here are my nominees:
Now here are my questions for the nominees:
1) Why did you start blogging?
2) What is your favorite “me” time indulgence?
3) Have you / Would you ever skydive?
4) Describe a difficult time in your life. How did you overcome it?
5) If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
6) Name three things you cannot live without.
7) What is your favorite post you have written and why?
8) What is one quote that speaks to your heart?
9) If you could have lunch with one celebrity, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
10) If you could relive any moment in your life, what would it be and why?
So blogger.. blog away! Cheers!!